The Bacteriologist will join the Department of Biomedical Sciences and a team focused on infectious diseases including bacteriologists, virologists, parasitologists, immunologists, epidemiologists and pathologists. The position reports directly to the Head of Department, Biomedical Sciences
The team also collaborates on teaching and research with colleagues in the Department of Clinical Sciences.
The successful applicant will:
- demonstrate expertise in teaching general microbiology in the pre-veterinary curriculum and in bacteriology in the DVM program and also have the ability to instruct students in the application of that knowledge to clinical practice.
- also contribute a portion of his/her time to the online Masters in One Health.
- be expected to collaborate in research programs, resulting in publications in peer-reviewed journals, and to participate in Masters and PhD programs.
- may also contribute to the bacteriology diagnostic service delivered by the technical team
within the Diagnostic Laboratory.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in team-taught courses in Veterinary Microbiology and Bacteriology
- Participate in case-based or other didactic courses
- Participate in laboratories
Research and Scholarly Activity:
- Intramural funding is available but submission of grants for extramural funding is expected
- Develop an independent and/or collaborative research program resulting in publications in peer-reviewed journals
- Presentation of scientific findings at conferences.
- Engagement in service activities, including faculty meetings, assigned committees, and designated office hours is expected.
- Serve on postgraduate committees for Masters and PhD students
- Other duties as determined by the Department and/or Division Head
- DVM degree or comparable degree is essential and a PhD is highly desirable.
- Post-doctoral training and Diplomate status are also highly desirable.
- Track record of publishing in quality journals, as well as potential to collaborate or develop an independent research program.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work with others in a collegial team atmosphere.
Academic rank and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and work experience. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply by submitting curriculum vitae (CV), the name and contact information of 3 referees and a letter of intent describing the vision for their contribution in the areas of teaching, research and service. CV and letter of intent should be in a single document (MS or PDF) and submitted online https://veterinary.rossu.edu/about/careers-at-rusvm or direct general inquiries to Cynthia.Butchley@Adtalem.com
Review of applications will begin upon receipt of the required documentation and will continue until the position is filled.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. At Adtalem, we welcome everyone and have a strong commitment towards diversity and inclusion. We encourage our Colleagues to be their true authentic selves and support laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we do business. We also maintain a drug-free workplace.
Salary is very competitive with US based universities and there is no income tax in St. Kitts which could result in a large increase to your net salary. As an expatriate, you may still be responsible to report income in your home country. Additional benefits include a significant relocation and repatriation package, health insurance, generous annual continuous education budget and annual travel benefit, geographical living allowance to offset cost of living differences, retirement match (up to 6% of your salary) and 7 weeks paid leave between semesters.